Marian Brooke still has a lot of unresolved tasks ahead of her, so the bosses decided to give some time. They recently hinted at the premiere of season 2 of The Gilded Age. What is known about the sequel at the moment and when to expect the start of the show – we tell you.
The Gilded Age season 2 release date will take place at the beginning of 2023.
|Original name:||The Gilded Age|
|Number of episodes:||10|
|Actors:||Christine Baranskis, Taissa Farmiga, Cynthia Nixon|
The Gilded Age Season 2 Plot
At the same time as Marian, the Russell family moves into the same street. Since Ada and Agnes identify themselves as old New Yorkers and resist the newfangled trends, the young girl is forbidden to mingle with her new neighbors. Berta Russell is famous for her wayward manners, loves everything new, and vividly demonstrates to the old people that life belongs to the young.
Berta’s children support this way of life. Larry attends Harvard University, and Gladys helps her mother with household chores. The head of the family, George, made a colossal fortune building the railroad – enough money they had accumulated to live comfortably for the rest of their lives and to support the necessary servants.
One day Bertha manages to get to a charity gala at which Agnes plans to collect money from the guests for the education of orphaned children. The woman immediately realizes that all they want from her here is a substantial check, so she turns around and leaves. At home, she writes her invitations to the ball at her house, expecting to lure investors to her side.
What Berta didn’t consider was that on her guest list, practically all the guests belonged to old New York. No one wanted to do business with her, much less spoil her relationship with Agnes. The exception was Marian, who, from the first meeting, found Berta surprising. After hiding her departure from her aunts, she went to the ball and befriended her neighbor’s children.
Taking the failed ball as a defeat, Berta did not give up. On the contrary, she became even more convinced that this town needed innovation. The fight against the old men who maintained the established order would be harsh. But Mrs. Russell is not one of the timid ones either. She has few followers, but all of them are willing to give themselves wholeheartedly to the cause…
The Gilded Age season 2 release date
A sequel to the historical drama The Gilded Age Season 2 has not yet been officially announced. However, various sources claim that Julian Fellowes, the scriptwriter, has hinted in interviews that he is working on new episodes. If the production process for Season 2 begins immediately after the end of Season 1, the sequel could premiere as early as 2023.
Schedule for the gilded age season 2
|Episodes number||Episodes name||release date|
|2×01||—||early 2023 _|
|2×02||—||at the beginning of 2023|
The Gilded Age Season 2 Cast
- Marian is a young lady visiting her immediate family from across the country; befriends her African-American maid, who helped Marian get to New York; the girl honors the memory of her dead father and rebukes Agnes when she begins to speak ill of her parent; befriends the Russell family, despite her aunts forbids, Louise Jacobson.
- Berta – recently moved into a new house with a lengthy renovation by a modern architect; criticized by neighbors, even her own servants are worried that the housekeeper’s violent temper could cause them problems; likes to manage the family, the workers, while treating everyone with understanding and kindness – Carrie Coon.
- Agnes – Never able to forgive Marian’s father for not doing his duty as a young man, not taking care of his sisters and leaving them to their fate; Agnes had to marry a tyrant, years of living with whom affected her character; provided for her sister Ada, who never got married – Christine Baranski.
- Oscar – Agnes’s son; smart, shrewd, loves female companionship; on good terms with his mother and aunt – Blake Ritson.
- Ada – When she learned of her brother’s death, she sent a letter to Marian with an offer to come and sent her money for travel; Ada is very kind, does not like conflict, but stands up for her niece to Agnes – Cynthia Nixon.